We say this every month, but it’s hard to believe April is here! Say goodbye to the wind and the cold, and say hello to grass and flowers.
Thanks to all of you for your support and input around the community. Additionally, thank you to all the residents that have participated in our events! We have so much planned for this month, with a big focus on school pride. Be on the lookout for Tobin coming to your school!
Tips to Keep Your Apartment Super Clean
1. Declutter. This is rule number one for a reason! If you don’t love or use an item, then why do you still have it? Ditch the clutter and free up space. Open spaces appear cleaner, and you don’t have to dust as many things!
2. Clean as you go. Have a tiny kitchen? Make sure your dishwasher or sink is clear before cooking, and drop dishes in the washer and hand wash as you cook. That way, all you have to clean at the end of the meal is the pots and dishes you ate with. Moving from the living room to the bedroom at night? Fluff those pillows, straighten your things, and place things back where they go. The next morning, you’ll thank yourself for the clean room.
3. Don’t buy things you don’t need. Refer to rule number one: If you don’t love it or use it, then why do you have it? Keep clutter to a minimum.
April’s Character Trait
Adventurous — People born in April are known for their adventurous personality. Although they may seem to be quiet and steady, they avoid living a monotonous life.
April Is the Month of:
• April Fools’ Day
• Fiesta San Antonio —April 20–30
• Earth Day
• Stress Awareness Month
April Recipe: Spicy Fiesta Chipotle Turkey Burgers
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 slices mozzarella cheese
• 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Place the ground turkey, onion, cilantro, chipotle chili pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Form into four patties.
2. Cook the hamburgers on the preheated grill until the turkey is no longer pink in the center, about four minutes per side. Place the mozzarella slices on the patties two minutes before they are ready. Serve on the toasted buns.
Reminders & Updates
Breakfast Tacos on the Go @ SAC — April 3
The Fiesta Before Fiesta — April 8
Pets of Tobin (Instagram Contest) — April 11
UNO Tournament — April 12
Grocery Loteria & Trivia — April 19
Guess Who? — April 28
Live. Learn. Succeed!
We’re excited to announce a new career success portal exclusively for our residents! This service includes job search tools, instant job alerts and matches, online career management, resume development, social media development, company research, interview skills, career assessments, document libraries, and online workshops for career transition. Candidates who use this service report finding jobs three times faster than average! To access this service, simply log in to your resident portal and sign up for a free account. We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your potential!
Sign up today at http://bit.ly/cacareerportal.