Although it’s not easy to watch the summer days come to an end, there’s an inspiring anticipation about the return of fall and the fresh start of a new school year. Did you know that we’re gearing up for our big move-in day for the fall leasing period on August 18? The theme is Camp Advantage, and we want to hike our way to your hearts! We’re ecstatic to have new residents in our midst, and we would like to also say thank you to everyone who renewed their lease. We want you all to know that you’re in for a year full of awesome surprises when you live like a rock star at Tobin Lofts!
3 College Moving Tips
It’s that time of year again when new students have to pack up their belongings and move into Tobin! Moving can be a pain, and not to mention difficult because students are all moving at the same time. We thought we’d share some tips so you’ll be better prepared this time around and to make it as painless as possible:
- Make Moving Arrangements Early — This is the one time in college when you don’t want to procrastinate! The earlier you start packing, the better.
- Know All the Details — This is a major factor to ensure your move is as seamless as possible. We’ve sent out move-in letters about the move-in process and a checklist of suggested items you should bring. If you haven’t received one yet, please contact the office as soon as possible.
- Set Up Your New Apartment — We know you’re tired from the move, and all you want to do is jump on the couch and turn on the TV. Remember that school is starting soon and you’ll have a million things going on in your life — the last thing you want is to be unpacking boxes.
Quote of the Month
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure despite overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
August Is the Month of:
- International Youth Day
- Summer Olympics
- Family Fun Month
- National Picnic Month
August Recipe: Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of your choice
- 4 tablespoons of guacamole
- Cook the bacon and set it aside on a paper towel to drain. (We used turkey bacon and blasted it in the microwave for about three minutes.)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Then, sprinkle half of the cheese on to the unbuttered side of one slice of bread, followed by the guacamole and bacon. Top with the remaining cheese and place the remaining slice of bread on top with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until the edges of the sandwich are golden brown and the cheese has melted (about two to three minutes per side).
Reminders & Updates:
We are kicking off August with big news and big plans, so grab your calendar — this is going to be a busy year! Make sure to follow us on social media to get an update every step of the way. #LiveTobinLofts
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!