We hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine! Hang on to it while you can. We’re officially halfway through summer! Where has the time gone? We know it’s been a great summer so far, and Tobin Lofts is excited to continue making your summer as stress free as possible! There’s always something going on in San Antonio, and we want to keep you connected. Follow us on social media to know what’s going on, and don’t miss out on all the fun right here at Tobin Lofts this summer!
Healthy Living Facts
Foods that don’t expire contain unnatural preservatives, additives, and chemicals that deteriorate your body. Focus instead on fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, low-fat dairies, and above all, moderation in whatever you eat.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day. Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.
- Physical activity like aerobic exercise (walking, running), muscle strengthening (weightlifting), bone strengthening (jumping rope), and balance and stretching activities (yoga, Pilates, dancing) are especially beneficial to a healthy body.
- One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, and the average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year, estimating about 52 pounds of sugar consumed in soft drinks alone.
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th in them.
July Is the Month of:
- Independence Day
- Pride Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Blueberry Month
July Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Baked Penne
- 1 box (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 uncooked chicken tenders (not breaded), cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 jars (16 oz. each) alfredo sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot of water, cook the penne pasta until al dente as directed on the box. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350°F. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook five to seven minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add chicken to the drained pasta. Add broccoli and toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour the alfredo sauce over and stir.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or glass baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
Reminders & Updates:
- Rent is considered late on the 3rd of the month, and late fees begin accruing, starting with $40 on the 4th and $5 every day after that. Once a payment is considered late, Tobin Lofts NO longer accepts personal checks.
- Move-out for all non-renewals is July 31. Make sure you stop by the office and know the move-out procedures in advance. Thank you in advance!
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.