We hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine — hang on to it while you can. The month of June has ended, and we are officially halfway through the summer of 2016! Where has the time gone? We know it has been a great summer so far, and Tobin Lofts is excited to continue to help make your summer as stress free as possible! There’s always something going on in San Antonio, and we want to keep you connected. Follow us on social media to know what’s going on, and don’t miss out on all of the fun right here at Tobin Lofts this summer!
Healthy Living Facts
- Foods that don’t expire contain unnatural preservatives, additives, and chemicals that deteriorate your body. Focus instead on fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, low-fat dairies, and, above all, moderation in whatever you eat.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it feeds your body and mind with the necessary nutrients and energy to function throughout the day. Eating breakfast regularly will also help keep weight off because it gets your metabolism going.
- Physical activity like aerobic exercise (walking, running), muscle strengthening (weight lifting), bone strengthening (jumping rope), and balance and stretching activities (yoga, Pilates, dancing) are especially beneficial to a healthy body.
- One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, and the average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year, estimating about 52 pounds of sugar consumed in soft drinks alone.
Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th in them.
July is the month of:
- Independence Day
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Blueberry Month
July Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Baked Penne
- 1 box (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 uncooked chicken tenders (not breaded), cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Green Giant® Steamers frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 jars (16 oz. each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- In a large pot of water, cook the penne pasta until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cut the chicken tenders into chunks and add to the pan/skillet; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5–7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add the chicken to the drained pasta. Add the thawed broccoli cuts; toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour the Alfredo sauce over and stir.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or glass baking dish; spread evenly. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake 18–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
Reminders & Updates:
- Rent is considered late on the 3rd of the month, and late fees begin accruing, starting at $40 and $5 every day after that.
- Move-out day for all non-renewals is July 31. Make sure you stop by the office and know the move-out procedures in advance.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. While we love to hear all about how you fill your summers with fun trips and activities, baseball games, and farmers markets, this time of year can also be perfect for gearing up your professional side. Check out some of the tips below on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Nachos in the Office