Happy April, Tobin Lofts Residents!
This month, your Leasing Professionals will be stopping by your apartments to do a survey of how we’re performing and to introduce themselves. Please help us to improve by providing your feedback! As a thank you for your time, you’ll be entered to win a $50 gift card!
Also, join us April 13–16 for Success Week! We’ll be hosting events all week to highlight our success-focused residence life program and giving away some great prizes. Don’t miss out!
Fiesta San Antonio (or Fiesta) is an annual spring festival held in San Antonio. The festival began as a single event in 1891 to honor the memory of the battles of the Alamo and San Jacinto. Local women decorated carriages and bicycles with live flowers, met in front of the Alamo, and threw flowers at one another. That was the first Battle of Flowers Parade, which later became an annual event. The celebration’s name changed over the years, from Carnival to Spring Carnival to Fiesta San Jacinto and, in 1960, to Fiesta San Antonio. This year, Fiesta will be from April 16–26. For more information and a list of scheduled events, visit www.fiesta-sa.org.
Reminders & Updates
The end of the semester and your lease term at Tobin Lofts is coming to an end, and the official move out date is July 31. If you plan on renewing and haven’t yet, we strongly suggest you renew as soon as possible to guarantee a spot at Tobin Lofts for the 2015–2016 school year. If you have any questions about renewing, or if you’re planning to move out, please let us know by contacting the leasing office at 210-320-0811, or email us at [email protected].
Residents Take the It’s On Us Pledge
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and as you may know, Campus Advantage has partnered with the White House to support the It’s On Us campaign to change the culture around sexual violence on college campuses. It’s On Us invites everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with individuals. It’s a declaration that sexual assault is not only a crime committed by a perpetrator against a victim, but a societal problem in which all of us have a role to play. This pledge is a personal commitment to help keep women and men safe from sexual assault. It is a promise not to be a bystander to the problem, but to be a part of the solution.
Please read and share the following It’s On Us tips:
- Talk to your friends honestly and openly about sexual assault.
- Don’t just be a bystander — if you see something, intervene in any way you can.
- Trust your gut. If something looks like it may be a bad situation, it probably is.
- Be direct. Ask someone who looks like they may need help if they’re OK.
- Get someone to help you if you see something — enlist a friend, CA, bartender, or host to help step in.
- Keep an eye on someone who has had too much to drink.
- If you see someone who is too intoxicated to consent, enlist their friends to help them leave safely.
- Recognize the potential danger of someone who talks about planning to target another person at a party.
- Be aware if someone is deliberately trying to intoxicate, isolate or corner someone else.
- Get in the way by creating a distraction, drawing attention to the situation, or separating them.
- Understand that if someone does not or cannot consent to sex, it is rape.
- Never blame the victim.
- If you are a victim or survivor, or helping someone in that situation, go to notalone.gov to get the resources and information you need. You can also call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE.
To learn more about It’s On Us and to take the pledge, please visit http://www.campusadv.com/its-on-us.
Community Events Calendar
April Fools’ Day — April 1
Learn more about this fun holiday as we post flyers around the community! We’ll be sharing why April Fools’ Day is celebrated and the history behind it.
Tobin Lofts Madness Viewing Party — April 6
Join us at 7:00 p.m. in the game room for a March Madness watch party for the final game!
Girls’ Night In — April 11
We’ll be showing Mean Girls starting at 6:00 p.m., and we’ll have local Mary Kay representatives on hand offering free facials during the movie. Get your girls together for a night of pampering!
Success Week Events — April 13–16
Take part in Success Week for the best living, learning, and career experiences in San Antonio! We’ll have a week full of events, and you could win prizes valued at up to $4,000 just for showing up and signing a lease. Events will include:
Monday — Tobin Happy Hour in the game room from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Tuesday — A Fiesta You Can Eat in the model unit from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Wednesday — Career Prep in the game room from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Thursday — Lofty Luau & Cookout by the pool from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Alcohol Awareness — April 17
Celebrate Fiesta responsibly! We’ll be handing out flyers for Alcohol Awareness to make sure everyone is aware of the effects of alcohol and for alternate means of transportation.
Pop In for Popcorn — April 24
Stop by the leasing office between noon and 2:00 p.m. for an afternoon treat!
Open Mic Night — April 28
We’ll be holding an open mic night in the game room. Get over your stage fright and join us from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.!