Like Edwin Way Teale said: “The world’s favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May”. The sun is out, the flowers are beginning to bloom, and it is officially spring after much rain and cold weather. And for many students, there’s one thing they must prepare for this month. The time for finals is approaching, so it’s time to hunker down and start studying.
Tips for College Students
Because finals are near, it would be great to find a study group that you can focus with either on campus or by using our business center meeting room. Be sure to not cram before your test and allow yourself a few days to study the content; this can ensure a high grade on your final exam. If you’re looking to travel this summer, be proactive and start saving to assure a successful and fun trip.
During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools. An average human produces between 1 to 2 liters of saliva each day, which is a maximum of 730 liters per year.
May Is the Month of
Cinco de Mayo (May 5)
National Hamburger Month
Peace Officers Memorial Day (May 15)
National Macaroon Day (May 31)
May Recipe: Pressure Cooker Steak Fajitas
2 tablespoons canola oil
1.5 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1 large onion, julienned
1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
12 mini flour tortillas (5 inches), warmed
Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro leaves, sliced jalapeno pepper, and avocado
- Select the sauté or browning setting on a 6 qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, brown the beef. Press cancel. Place onions, peppers, and garlic on the meat. Top with broth, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Lock the lid; close the pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release the pressure. A thermometer inserted in the beef should read at least 160°. Using tongs, serve with tortillas and toppings as desired.
Reminders & Updates
Stay posted for all of our events, and be sure to come out with your friends/roommates. Also, there has been a lot of pet waste left on each floor; please take your dogs and/or cats outside. We have a wonderful pet area as well as waste trash bags, so utilize them to the fullest. Please refrain from vandalizing the vending machines by shaking/hitting them. If one is found vandalizing a vending machine, there will be a minimum $100 fine per occurrence. Thank you in advance!
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Some of you may be graduating, some may be heading to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you will to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who’ll be around.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Pre-Cinco de May Celebration Fajita Bar — May 3 from 2–6 p.m. — Come down to the office for our Cinco de Mayo celebration! Grab some food and chat among each other with the beverages we provide.
May Birthdays — May 6, All Day — We’ll have cheesecake in the office with candles for all of our residents with May birthdays! We’ll also be taking pictures along the way to post to our social media.
Study Group — May 6 from 6–7 p.m. — Join us for a study group at CommonWealth Coffeehouse. We may also have some coupons to give out to those who attend.
De-Stress DIY Slime — May 9 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to create your own relaxing slime to de-stress before finals week starts.
Finals Week Survival Kits — May 13–17 — We’ll have finals week survival kits in the office in case you don’t have the supplies you need.
Late-Night Breakfast — May 14 @ 10 p.m. — Finals week is here, and what better way to help all of our residents that are students than to have breakfast at night. Join us in the clubhouse.
Root Beer Float Bar — May 21 from noon–2 p.m. — Come down to the leasing office for our root beer float bar and customize your own float!
Grocery Bingo — May 30 — Join us for bingo night in the clubhouse! We’ll be playing several rounds, and the first person to win will get a grocery basket or an H-E-B gift card.