It’s hard to believe that March is already here, and spring is around the corner. This spring will be a busy, but nonetheless fun, time at Tobin Lofts. With midterms coming up for most residents, we have some awesome events planned. Stay tuned for all we have in store.
Spring Break Travel Tips
- Book early — And we’re not just talking about airfare. Be sure to book your hotel, transportation, meals, and activities early. Everything will fill up quickly, so make an itinerary before you leave, and try to lock in your plans as much as possible to avoid setbacks.
- Do your research — Certain cities and hotels will be overrun with college students during spring break, so choose your destination and lodgings wisely based on whether you’re looking for a weeklong party or not.
- Take extra safety precautions — Be sure to stay safe, particularly in destinations with higher rates of crime toward tourists. Follow basic safety measures.
- Pack wisely — Sunscreen, flip-flops, and beach towels can easily cost twice as much as they usually would when you buy them at a tropical tourist destination. When it comes to spring break, it’s better to risk over-packing than to blow through your vacation budget buying overpriced toiletries and beachwear.
March’s Character Trait:
Courage — Doing the right thing in the face of difficulty and following your conscience instead of the crowd.
March is the month of:
- Red Cross Month
- National Nutrition Month
- National Women’s History Month
- March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day
March Recipe: Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
- 1 (32 ounce) package of frozen hash browns
- 8 ounces cooked, diced ham
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans of condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for one hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Reminders & Updates
If you are experiencing issues with your Time Warner cable box, make sure to call Time Warner to assist you with any service requests. A representative will be able to walk you through the fixing process, and if you need further help with your cable, you can schedule an appointment with them for a technician to come to your apartment. The office will not be able to schedule appointments for residents.
Relay For Life
Nearly all of us have been affected by cancer in some way. If you want to make a difference by raising awareness and funds to fight cancer and support survivors, we want your help! Relay For Life is the world’s largest cancer fundraising event, and we would love for you to join our team! Campus Advantage is a national team partner with Relay For Life, and thanks to you, we have raised over $150,000 to date for this great cause. If you have ever participated, you know it is an incredibly meaningful, memorable, and fun experience.
Every Relay For Life event is made up of volunteers forming teams to spend 24 hours together around the track raising money to eradicate cancer. Every team brings its own special energy to the event by hosting on-site fundraisers, creating campsites, and enjoying each other’s company while educating the community about cancer prevention. If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, please drop by the office and let us know!
Community Events Calendar
Spring Break Social Media Contest — All Month
All you need to do to participate is follow us on Instagram or Facebook and tag us with #livetobinlofts and #tobinlofts in your spring break pictures. On March 25, we’ll announce the five winners.
Join Us at Crockett Park — Friday, March 4 from 3–5 p.m.
This is your chance to be able to let out some of that frustration and take a break from studying by coming out and whacking a piñata.
St. Patrick’s Day — Thursday, March 17
Stop by the leasing office to celebrate.
Annual Egg Hunt — Saturday, March 19 from 1–3 p.m.
Join us in the pool area (weather permitting) for our annual egg hunt and your chance to win up to $500 off rent and free candy!
Nachos in the Leasing Office — Wednesday, March 23 from noon-3 p.m.
Resident Birthday Appreciation Day — Tuesday, March 29 in the leasing office