Although it’s not easy to watch the final days of summer come to an end, there’s an inspiring anticipation about the return of fall and the fresh start to a new school year. Did you know that we are gearing up for our big move-in day for the fall leasing period on August 14, 2016? We are ecstatic to welcome new residents, and we would like to say thank you to everyone who renewed their lease. We want you all to know that you are in for a year full of awesome surprises when you live like a rock star at Tobin Lofts!
3 College Moving Tips!
It’s that time of year again when new students have to pack up their belongings and move in to Tobin! Moving can be a pain, and not to mention difficult, because students are all moving at the same time. When it comes to moving college style, we thought we’d share some tips so you’ll be better prepared and to make it as painless as possible:
1. Make moving arrangements early: This is the one time in college when you don’t want to procrastinate! The earlier you start packing, the better.
2. Know all the details: This is a major factor to make sure your move is as seamless as possible. We’ll send out an email about your move-in process and a checklist of items you should bring.
3. Set up your new apartment: We know you are tired from the move, and all you want to do is jump on the couch and turn on the TV. Remember that school is starting soon, and you’ll have a million things going on in your life — the last thing you want is to be unpacking boxes.
Quote of the Month
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
August is the Month of:
• International Youth Day
• National Golf Month
• Family Fun Month
• National Picnic Month
August Recipe: Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
• 2 slices of bread
• 2 slices bacon
• 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
• 4 tablespoons guacamole
1. Cook the bacon and set it aside on a paper towel to drain. (We used turkey bacon and cooked it in the microwave for about three minutes.)
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Then, sprinkle half of the cheese on to the unbuttered side of one slice of bread, followed by the guacamole and bacon. Top with the remaining cheese and place the remaining slice of bread on top with the buttered side up.
3. Grill over medium heat until the edges of the sandwich are golden brown and the cheese has melted (about two to three minutes per side).
Reminders & Updates
• We are kicking off the start of August with big news and big plans, so grab your calendar — this is going to be a busy year! Make sure to follow us on social media to get updated every step of the way. #LiveTobinLofts
Make this your best year yet!
Welcome to a brand-new year. We’re thankful you have chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. We are dedicated to giving you an experience that is hassle-free, a great value, and fun! Throughout the year, we’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked the Campus Advantage team for their tips! Here is what they had to say:
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Meet your neighbors. Make friends. Create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you!
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join in the fun! We’ll have community events for you to enjoy all year, and let us know what else you want to see.
We are passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being a part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Movie Night by the Pool
Nachos in the Office
Welcome Back BBQ